What you can do to help reduce light pollution

Do you have issues with streetlighting in your neighbourhood?

Does light from nearby streetlighting trespass into your home?

Does streetlight glare make walking in your street difficult or uncomfortable?

Are your nearby streetlights too bright?

Are you concerned about excessive blue light from streetlights?

If you have concerns about streetlighting you need to raise your concerns with your local government representative and mayor. If you say nothing, they will do nothing.

We suggest you send an email to your relevant local representatives and let them know you care about our evening skies and want good decisions made regarding the deployment of LED street lighting in South East Queensland.  Click below for email addresses.

Lord Mayor – Brisbane City Council

Mayor – Gold Coast City Council

Mayor – Sunshine Coast Council

Mayor – Noosa Council

We suggest you also identify your local government Councillor and send the email to them too.  Find Councillor email address details here: Brisbane   Ipswich   Logan   Scenic Rim   Gold Coast  Moreton Bay  Sunshine Coast   Somerset Region   Lockyer Valley  Toowoomba  Southern Downs   Gympie Region  South Burnett Region

If you live in Brisbane you should also direct your concerns to Councillor Andrew Wines, who is the Chair of the BCC Infrastructure Committee:  enoggera.ward@bcc.qld.gov.au  Councillor Wines must be made aware of public concerns about LED street lighting.  If he fails to receive complaint he will fail to act on the issue.