Authors: Ian Ridpath and Wil Tirion
Previously entitled ‘Collins Pocket Guide Stars and Planets’, this classic guide to the night sky enters its fourth edition as part of the authoritative ‘Collins Guide’ series.
A comprehensive guide to all the stars and celestial objects visible with the use of binoculars or an average-sized telescope, this fully revised edition features updated and extended text, improved sky charts, and new diagrams and photographs.Includes:
* Unique yearly planetary data, available as a downloadable web resource
* Monthly sky maps of the northern and southern hemispheres, so you can identify constellations and bright stars from various latitudes throughout the year
* Descriptions of all the 88 constellations and their stars opposite a specially prepared chart showing the constellation in relation to the surrounding skies
* Detailed information on stars, nebulae, galaxies, the Moon and the Solar System
* Practical advice on choosing and using binoculars and telescopes
* In addition to the charts and diagrams, the text is accompanied by many photographs throughout, making this the most practical and comprehensive guide to the night sky.